Thursday, July 31, 2008
Lots to go over, so let's get right to it:
• There's another addition to the Nightmare Sinema Prop auction on Ebay! Bid on the shark that almost ate Boney Bob on last week's showing of The Beach Girls and The Monster. This one's signed by Wolfman Mac!
• Looking for something to do tomorrow night? Why not head over to The Book Beat in Oak Park and meet Wolfman Mac and the Nightmare Sinema crew. And while you're there pick up a copy of Breaking Dawn, the final chapter of The Twilight Saga. Don't forget to come out in your best costume! Check out The Book Beat's Blog for more details.
• This Saturday night, come join other creatures of the night at The Beat Cafe, for a Nightmare Sinema viewing party. A delegation of Nightmare Sinema folks will be there, so you know it's going to be off the hook. That's Saturday night, from Midnight to 1:30am! The Beat Cafe is at 29200 Hoover Road, just north of 12 Mile Road.
• Despite the monster fights that nearly destroyed the editing suite, it looks like it's full steam ahead for King Kong Vs. Godzilla on this week's Nightmare Sinema - Saturday night at midnight on My TV 20. Don't let your TiVO or TV Guide tell you otherwise!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
It's time to clean out the Nightmare Sinema prop closet!
Prop master, Dave Ivey, has a couple of the costume props from recent shows currently up for auction on Ebay.
First up are the mask and gloves from the Hideous Sun Demon episode. This ensemble would make the perfect gift for the lady in your life that still looks lovely... but only in certain light.
And who can forget the masks worn in the Robot Monster episode (and we've tried really hard...)? All you'd need is a gorilla suit and these helmets, and you'd be ready to destroy all but 8 people on the planet. Get to it!
This week's announcements will be posted soon! Lots of stuff to talk about!
Friday, July 25, 2008
It seems that King Kong Vs. Godzilla is not going to be the movie for this week's Nightmare Sinema.
Seems that a monster fight in the editing suite at the haunted drive-in has done more damage than we thought.
But don't worry, we've got you covered this week! We have two great genre's that taste great together: Cheesy Horror and Cheesecake! WOOO!
A monster is terrorizing Waikiki Beach! Will he get away with it, or will some meddling kids have something to say about it? It's 1965's The Beach Girls and The Monster!
So all you swinging cats tune in Saturday night at Midnight on MyTV 20! Cool, Daddy-O!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
One would like to think that a movie starring two of the greatest monsters to ever stomp through a major city would be pretty good.
Well, you must be thinking of some other monsters, because it sure ain't the stars of this week's atomic disaster, King Kong Vs. Godzilla. Believe it or not, this flick was a box office smash back in '60's.
That this Saturday night at Midnight on Detroit's My TV 20! 1962's King Kong Vs. Godzilla! Go Go Godzilla!
And now, announcements...
• Calling all creatures of the night! Join Wolfman Mac and the Nightmare Sinema crew next Friday night (August 1st) at The Book Beat in Oak Park for a Moonlight Madness Sale and Release Party for Breaking Dawn, the final chapter of The Twilight Saga. Come out as your favorite monster and be part of the Costume Party Freak Out! There will be plenty of treats, tunes and great deals on books! Click here for directions, times and other details.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Holy Ghost of Sir Graves Ghastly...
That movie last night was awful. But at least we got to share it with Ormon Grimsby! Go check out his show Monster Creature Feature - and tell them that Nightmare Sinema sent ya!
And remember folks, if you're looking for something to do this fine Sunday, head on out to the final day of Motor City Nightmares. A delegation of Nightmare Sinema ghouls will be there signing various body parts and hanging out (Pictures will be posted later today!).
And for all you east siders, head down to the Annual City of Fraser Parade and Fireworks! Wolfman Mac and Morgus Gravesly will be on hand meet all the ghouls and goblins that brave the sunshine and heat! The parade starts at noon, festivities will run all day and Fireworks will be fired off at 10pm!
Check back later for pictures from Motor City Nightmares!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Right now you can bid on the props from our Spider Baby episode a couple weeks back. Not only the Spider Baby that Wolfman Mac so tenderly taught to play fetch, but also the Human Fly that hired Boney Bob for his legal counsel. What a Hoot!
Hurry! The auction for this one-of-a-kind prop is over this Sunday!
Get more information on this auction right here.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
• First off, this Saturday night don't forget to tune in at midnight on MyTV 20 for the legendary stink-fest Robot Monster! Arguably one of the worst films in existence. We're not responsible for damage to your TV if decide to throw a brick at it.
• This weekend you can meet Wolfman Mac and the Nightmare Sinema crew at Motor City Nightmares. However, due to prior engagements with his groomer, Mac will be at Motor City Nightmares on Friday (5-10pm) and Saturday (11am-2pm) only. But don't let that stop you from dropping by and chatting with the rest of the creepy crew! Don't be shy!
• Sunday, July 20th, Mac will be making an appearance at the 29th Annual City of Fraser Parade. The parade should start around noon and festivities run all day long! There will be fireworks that evening at Steffans Park at 14 Mile Road and Garfield. Ka-Blammo!
• And for those of you that can't get enough of Wolfman Mac's melodious voice, head over to Wonder Audiobooks and order a classic Sci-Fi novel read by the Wolfman himself!